- Why is a² + b² ≥ 2ab ?
- A remark on the divergence theorem
- The Cauchy-Schwarz inequality and the Lagrange identity
- On the existence of a metric compatible with a given connection
- A curious identity on the median triangle
- 27 lines on a smooth cubic surface
- Weighted Hsiung-Minkowski formulas and rigidity of umbilic hypersurfaces
- The discrete Gauss-Bonnet theorem
- Why a vector field rotates about its curl?
- A functional inequality on the boundary of static manifolds
tong cheung yu on On the existence of a metric c… Marco Barchiesi on Simple curves with a positive… tong cheung yu on Toric perspective 1 lamwk on Why is a² + b² ≥ 2ab ? Maurice OReilly on Spherical cosine law KKK on Sobolev and Isoperimetric… Anonymous on Sobolev and Isoperimetric… tong cheung yu on On the existence of a metric c… Anonymous on Closed subspaces of a reflexiv… KKK on A curious identity on the medi…
- Algebraic geometry
- Applied mathematics
- Complex analysis
- Differential equations
- Discrete Mathematics
- Dynamical system
- Fourier analysis
- Functional analysis
- General Relativity
- Group theory
- Linear Algebra
- Number Theory
- Operator Theory
- Potential theory
- Set Theory
- Martingale Theory II: Conditional expectation
- Complex analysis - Problem solving strategies.
- Do join us!
- Mean value properties for harmonic functions on Riemannian manifolds
- A note on Obata's theorem
- Mathematics behind JPEG
- Understanding Lagrange multipliers (1)
- The Brunn-Minkowski inequality and the isoperimetric inequality
- Why does a mirror reverse left and right, but not top and bottom?
Category Archives: General Relativity
1. Motivation and Main Results A. D. Alexandrov [Ale1956], [Ale1962] proved that the only closed hypersurfaces of constant (higher order) mean curvature embedded in are round hyperspheres. The embeddedness assumption is essential. For instance, admits immersed tori with constant mean … Continue reading
1. introduction and statement of results The research in this article is largely motivated by the following result concerning a functional inequality on the boundary of bounded domains in the Euclidean space , proved in [MTX] Corollary 3.1. Theorem 1 … Continue reading
In a recent preprint [GWW1], Ge, Wang and Wu proposed a family of new masses () for an asymptotically flat manifold and proved a positive mass theorem and some Penrose type inequalities for graphs, at least when . They remarked … Continue reading